Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Hello world!

My name is AnnMarie Hurtado, and I'm a children's librarian and I'm always looking for great ideas to inspire and motivate kids to read and writer. I'm starting this blog to collect and share my own ideas, the books I recommend for kids, the ideas I find on the Internet.

I work at a public library serving children of all ages, but for the last few years I've worked hard to increase our services to the kids in kindergarten-3rd grade. I do a bilingual reading program called Lucha Libros, various science programs which I write about on my blog at Science in the Library, creative writing for kids 5-8 years old, creative writing for tweens 9-12 years old, and TONS of storytimes. Realizing that what I do is primarily focused on making young readers and young writers feel excited about coming to the library and reading books, I've set up this blog to share the ways I try to do that.

I hope this blog can be a resource for you teachers, librarians, parents and caregivers out there hungry for new books and ideas to take children's early literacy or emerging literacy to new levels of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment